Koraii - Uplink [Lilysse Collective] Koraii - Uplink [Lilysse Collective]

First of all, Koraii - this has gotta be my new favourite track from the album! It beat Euphoria, which is now second. I love it - and here's why:

Overall, I don't listen to synthwave, but this just blew my expectations. You really outdid yourself there :D
I love the overall vibe and atmosphere, and just the smoothness of the whole track. The percussion's fantastic. And those fills :o

Parts like the one in the middle of the song and the second half with the vocal chops are my favourite. The one in the middle (at 3:22) gives me strong 1980s vibes, and the part with the vocal chops is the most powerful part of the whole track. The chord progression makes it even better! And I also like the subtle wind effects in the background. They really help set the mood well.

And you gotta love that classic Karaplex bass :p

I say the 7-minute length is justified here. There's enough variation to keep the listener interested.
I hope this review was constructed well enough :p

Amazing work, Koraii!

windluxmusic responds:

Thanks for the genuine support man, glad you enjoyed <3

Soulflight Soulflight

Ayy, Lockyn! How's it going :D
Time for me to spill my opinions on this album's ouverture track :)

Overall, the track exerts a nice relaxing and calming atmosphere. The pads and synths are powerful, but not overwhelmingly so. And I like that. It helps with the overall vibe.

Although I did find the track a bit repetitive, and that the drop tends to be a bit unnoticeable for me, I did enjoy the whole thing back to back. The track has variation that keeps it interesting.

It's executed flawlessly in your own unique style, which is something that we all appreciate. And although I don't think this is your best song, I still found it to be a great album starter. The rest of the album itself is great too. Props to all the artists in the Lilysse Collective. I congratulate them for their hard work to deliver this awesome melodic journey :)

Other than that, nothing else to say here.
Stay safe.

Lockyn responds:

hey vid, thanks for the review! i'm glad you enjoyed it regardless. i hope lilysse collective continues to impress you :)

belmourne mounce belmourne mounce

Diggin'it! Certainly better than any bounce tracks I make or will ever make :D
Pretty dank aswell, loving the lead too.
Not much more to add.

Lockyn responds:

lolol, glad you enjoyed this little ditty

Zyzyx - Time Shaper Zyzyx - Time Shaper

Noice! Heard it on Discord and wasn't dissapointed at all. Lovin' the vibes and the energy in the drop.
You're pretty good for a 15 y/o.
Also, what's with the bitcrusher effect? You seem to be using it a lot.

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

I actually don't use it that much... only this song really xD Thanks tho bro!! hey that ryhmes...

KR1D - 666 KR1D - 666

Hey, KR1D. Remember me?
I've come to review this lil' track you did for getting over 670 subs on YT. (Congrats, BTW.)

So, let's start. For starters, I really dig the percussion in this track! I don't know why, but it reminded me of an old Bonnie Taylor song :D

The main synth melody is great, too. I can handle it. IMO, it compliments the track well.

However, the most uninteresting, and sadly - the most irritating part (sorry for that) is the drop. The synth in the drop overpowers everything else and this, in turn results in a muddy mix.

But other than that - I dig the track overall. I don't "enjoy" it, per say, but I think it sounds decent. Definitely better than something I would make, in terms of melodies :D
You'll improve over time, and in your last few tracks you've shown to do so. (Dunno why I picked this track of yours in particular to review, but hey - I wrote this review already, so...yeah).
This track gets a 3/5 rating from me. I may review some of your other tracks too, so stay tuned :)

P.S: Are you planning on upgrading your DAW soon? GarageBand is okay, I guess, but it's way too simple and IMO, it lacks advanced features. There are other DAWs out there that you can try, with which, with the right knowledge, you can yield way better results. I'm talking EQing, mixing, mastering, etc.

I'm patiently awaiting your response :)

KR1D responds:

Thank you for the feedback! I totally get what you're saying about the drop. Plus, I feel like I use that particular synth (FM Wobble Bass) way too much. Will definitely work on that. Concerning DAWs, I'm sticking with GarageBand for the time being because it "works" for me and plus I haven't even used the most advanced features offered in GarageBand yet. There are some times tho when I have access to Logic X Pro, but that's a small time window. I'd like to try FL, but it hasn't been developed for Mac yet. But perhaps I will upgrade to Logic sometime. I don't even really know.
Thanks!

-KR1D

Teminite &amp;amp; Starr Chen - Fireflies (Zyzyx Remix) Teminite & Starr Chen - Fireflies (Zyzyx Remix)

Whoa! Now THAT was a banger :D
You did an amazing job remixing this. I enjoyed the entire thing. The synths were happy and powerful and you kept the Teminite vibes throughout the song. You did great!

The only thing that I, and many others probably don't like, is that the sidechain in the buildup is WAY too strong. Other than that, no complaints here.

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

Thanks bro :)

Detious - Hypersphere Detious - Hypersphere

Heard the whole EP Back in February on Soundcloud, and this song in particular is my favourite out of all of the tracks. Certain drop sounds reminded me of an old collab that you did with Lockyn - Allure.
I really enjoyed the atmosphere, and on top of that, the story you wrote just adds to the immersion.
And that bass...can't get enough of it :D
Great job, Detious! Looking forward to hearing some cool new stuff from you in the future :)

DetiousMusic responds:

Really glad you got the feel of it. :)
Atmosphere, melody, story, immersion, bass, all the words that truly describe what I think makes good music, but really it's those words that describe my music. :P

Thanks a lot homie!

Hypernova Hypernova

Whoa, I didn't expect you to release it that fast! Sorry for being late. I had something going on... But, all in all, what are my final thoughts?
Well, for starters, I like the atmosphere. You did an amazing job with it. I envy you >:)
And I like the dark and industrial sound, and the DnB switch before the second drop. And that sax...I'm in love with it.
However, there are some nitpicks, of course. I agree with GlitchmasterMusic. The snare should be a little more punchy, powerful, if you will, and the hi-hats were a little too loud for me.
Putting that aside, I enjoyed this track. You're improving. Keep it up!
-v

3MBER + SRK - Night Owls (Lockyn Remix) 3MBER + SRK - Night Owls (Lockyn Remix)

Wow, Lockyn. You really pulled it off with this one! I enjoyed every second of this track. The overall sounds & melody kinda reminded me of Volt. I thought the preview you showed us back in February was good, but the final version just blew me away. Could've used a bit more piano, but that's just a minor nitpick. I dig it. Added to my playlist :)
BTW, do you make all your sounds in Sytrus?

(I'll try to be more active on your Discord server, as there are more questions that I need an answer for. I could ask either you, Dustkey, Karaplex, hell - even Xtrullor. We'll see...)

Lockyn responds:

Hey man, haven't seen you in a while :) Glad you enjoyed the final product! More piano definitely was what a lot of people wanted, but it was hard to find space until the end :( Everything is made in Sytrus!

Amoris Amoris

The beginning reminded me of one of M2U's tracks. After hearing some of your stuff, you've officially become my newest inspiration. This just sounds...heavenly and harmonic. I truly ran out of words to describe this piece. I'm currently learning music theory and I'm experimenting with a couple of different genres (orchestral included), so listening to your tracks gives me the necessary motivation to keep going. I humbly thank you for this.
-vidsmart

Miyolophone responds:

Wow, I... don't thank me, I should be thanking you for the kind words. Profusely. And yep, the M2U inspiration is spot on— I was sort of obsessed with him at the time I wrote this.
Good luck with music theory... I'm pretty awful at it considering that I actually write real acoustic music, and it's no easy thing to learn...