Spirit of the Lilies Spirit of the Lilies

Wow, Locko. This track just blew me away.
I like the fact that you incorporated some new sound design elements (like that awesome bass starting from 1:35!), yet simultaneously keeping the usual Lockyn vibe. The composition is stellar throughout the entire track too! And that outro - the perfect way to end a Lilysse album, IMO.

There is one thing that's bugging me though, and IDK if it's due to a problem on my end, but there seems to be noticeable clipping in the breakdown before the second drop. This is mainly the reason why I subtracted half a star from my score.

But other than that - one of the best tracks on Vol. 2 and certainly one of my favourites.
I'm glad I bought the album.
Keep it up, man!

Lockyn responds:

thank you for the love my dude <3 I'm not sure about the clipping, but thank you for pointing it out. I'll take a closer look next time.

Namorog x Galyax x Syrge - Discover Namorog x Galyax x Syrge - Discover

Whew.
What a journey, much like Ferð!

You three did amazing on this track. I really enjoyed it.
The ambiance is great (great use of the bitcrushed plucks!), the sound design is solid, it's nice and wide, the percussion is very well mixed (especially the fills), and the track feels solid overall. Kinda reminded me of Koraii's song "Gems" at times too.

Not much else to say, really.

Good luck with the LAER project, guys! Keep it up.

sYrge responds:

Thank you man, I really appreciate it <3

Karaplex - Heartburn (Melodic Dubstep) Karaplex - Heartburn (Melodic Dubstep)

So, this is where you first started implementing that characteristic growl bass of yours.
Interesting.

Before going through your entire discography, this was my third favourite Karaplex-era track. But after doing that, I can see why you think it's bad XD
Now, don't get me wrong. The growl bass is weird, but just the right kind of weird. In fact, it adds character to this track, being the first to use it and all. It's part of your signature sound after all.

Your sound design game is on point on here too. The synth chords and the percussion helped with the groove. I even found myself bopping my head to the drop at first :D
And I wouldn't call this melodic dubstep though. The synths and the overall groove are reminiscent of a future bass track instead.

And finally, the overall track seems a bit quiteter compared to your other tracks. Maybe if you turned up the master gain slightly, it would do the job. But that would create unnecessary distortion, so I see why you haven't done that.

Listening through your entire discography has been an enjoyable experience. Now I see how much you've grown as a producer.

Cheers :D