Koraii - Time (feat. Sky Roses) Koraii - Time (feat. Sky Roses)

Well, well, well - if it isn't my favourite track from Vol 2 :D
You killed it again with this one, man. And what's especially astounding with this track is the mix quality - it's so clean!

From a compositional standpoint, there isn't really much to critisise. As always, I love the subtle details you incorporate. This, coupled with Sky Roses' vocals really helps with the ambiance & mood. The vocals also make the track a lot catchier, IMO.

Just like with Uplink, the second part of the second drop is phenomenal. The vocal chops really add a lot of power to this section - almost as if this part is meant to represent the climax (the alternating arpeggio was a nice touch as well), followed by a gradual and smooth descent to the outro.

Overall, I thorougly enjoyed this. IMO, it's one of the standouts of the album. It's a really driving track that simultaneously incorporates ambient elements, and also a track that proves that you've truly become a great producer.

Can't wait for Vol. 3 ;)

windluxmusic responds:

Thanks for the heartfelt feedback vidsmart! Honestly this track was alot of fun to make, and I'm looking forward to working with the Lilysse boys again :D

Spirit of the Lilies Spirit of the Lilies

Wow, Locko. This track just blew me away.
I like the fact that you incorporated some new sound design elements (like that awesome bass starting from 1:35!), yet simultaneously keeping the usual Lockyn vibe. The composition is stellar throughout the entire track too! And that outro - the perfect way to end a Lilysse album, IMO.

There is one thing that's bugging me though, and IDK if it's due to a problem on my end, but there seems to be noticeable clipping in the breakdown before the second drop. This is mainly the reason why I subtracted half a star from my score.

But other than that - one of the best tracks on Vol. 2 and certainly one of my favourites.
I'm glad I bought the album.
Keep it up, man!

Lockyn responds:

thank you for the love my dude <3 I'm not sure about the clipping, but thank you for pointing it out. I'll take a closer look next time.

Namorog x Galyax x Syrge - Discover Namorog x Galyax x Syrge - Discover

Whew.
What a journey, much like Ferð!

You three did amazing on this track. I really enjoyed it.
The ambiance is great (great use of the bitcrushed plucks!), the sound design is solid, it's nice and wide, the percussion is very well mixed (especially the fills), and the track feels solid overall. Kinda reminded me of Koraii's song "Gems" at times too.

Not much else to say, really.

Good luck with the LAER project, guys! Keep it up.

sYrge responds: