Namorog x Galyax x Syrge - Discover Namorog x Galyax x Syrge - Discover

Whew.
What a journey, much like Ferð!

You three did amazing on this track. I really enjoyed it.
The ambiance is great (great use of the bitcrushed plucks!), the sound design is solid, it's nice and wide, the percussion is very well mixed (especially the fills), and the track feels solid overall. Kinda reminded me of Koraii's song "Gems" at times too.

Not much else to say, really.

Good luck with the LAER project, guys! Keep it up.

sYrge responds:

Thank you man, I really appreciate it <3

Karaplex - Heartburn (Melodic Dubstep) Karaplex - Heartburn (Melodic Dubstep)

So, this is where you first started implementing that characteristic growl bass of yours.
Interesting.

Before going through your entire discography, this was my third favourite Karaplex-era track. But after doing that, I can see why you think it's bad XD
Now, don't get me wrong. The growl bass is weird, but just the right kind of weird. In fact, it adds character to this track, being the first to use it and all. It's part of your signature sound after all.

Your sound design game is on point on here too. The synth chords and the percussion helped with the groove. I even found myself bopping my head to the drop at first :D
And I wouldn't call this melodic dubstep though. The synths and the overall groove are reminiscent of a future bass track instead.

And finally, the overall track seems a bit quiteter compared to your other tracks. Maybe if you turned up the master gain slightly, it would do the job. But that would create unnecessary distortion, so I see why you haven't done that.

Listening through your entire discography has been an enjoyable experience. Now I see how much you've grown as a producer.

Cheers :D

Skywalker Skywalker

I like how there's a difference between the NG version and the EP version of Skywalker. On the latter, there's a sudden dubstep switch before the outro.
Amazing :D
And in said outro, the arpeggio seems slightly different. Don't know if it's just me, but I definitely hear a difference.
(Sorry for this not being a proper review.)
Cheerio.

Lockyn responds:

Oooh, you're the first one to tell me they noticed! :D Glad you liked the little easter egg. It's a nice little change for those who downloaded on bandcamp. Cheers!

Koraii - Uplink [Lilysse Collective] Koraii - Uplink [Lilysse Collective]

First of all, Koraii - this has gotta be my new favourite track from the album! It beat Euphoria, which is now second. I love it - and here's why:

Overall, I don't listen to synthwave, but this just blew my expectations. You really outdid yourself there :D
I love the overall vibe and atmosphere, and just the smoothness of the whole track. The percussion's fantastic. And those fills :o

Parts like the one in the middle of the song and the second half with the vocal chops are my favourite. The one in the middle (at 3:22) gives me strong 1980s vibes, and the part with the vocal chops is the most powerful part of the whole track. The chord progression makes it even better! And I also like the subtle wind effects in the background. They really help set the mood well.

And you gotta love that classic Karaplex bass :p

I say the 7-minute length is justified here. There's enough variation to keep the listener interested.
I hope this review was constructed well enough :p

Amazing work, Koraii!

windluxmusic responds:

Thanks for the genuine support man, glad you enjoyed <3

Soulflight Soulflight

Ayy, Lockyn! How's it going :D
Time for me to spill my opinions on this album's ouverture track :)

Overall, the track exerts a nice relaxing and calming atmosphere. The pads and synths are powerful, but not overwhelmingly so. And I like that. It helps with the overall vibe.

Although I did find the track a bit repetitive, and that the drop tends to be a bit unnoticeable for me, I did enjoy the whole thing back to back. The track has variation that keeps it interesting.

It's executed flawlessly in your own unique style, which is something that we all appreciate. And although I don't think this is your best song, I still found it to be a great album starter. The rest of the album itself is great too. Props to all the artists in the Lilysse Collective. I congratulate them for their hard work to deliver this awesome melodic journey :)

Other than that, nothing else to say here.
Stay safe.

Lockyn responds:

hey vid, thanks for the review! i'm glad you enjoyed it regardless. i hope lilysse collective continues to impress you :)

belmourne mounce belmourne mounce

Diggin'it! Certainly better than any bounce tracks I make or will ever make :D
Pretty dank aswell, loving the lead too.
Not much more to add.

Lockyn responds:

lolol, glad you enjoyed this little ditty

Zyzyx - Time Shaper Zyzyx - Time Shaper

Noice! Heard it on Discord and wasn't dissapointed at all. Lovin' the vibes and the energy in the drop.
You're pretty good for a 15 y/o.
Also, what's with the bitcrusher effect? You seem to be using it a lot.

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

I actually don't use it that much... only this song really xD Thanks tho bro!! hey that ryhmes...

KR1D - 666 KR1D - 666

Hey, KR1D. Remember me?
I've come to review this lil' track you did for getting over 670 subs on YT. (Congrats, BTW.)

So, let's start. For starters, I really dig the percussion in this track! I don't know why, but it reminded me of an old Bonnie Taylor song :D

The main synth melody is great, too. I can handle it. IMO, it compliments the track well.

However, the most uninteresting, and sadly - the most irritating part (sorry for that) is the drop. The synth in the drop overpowers everything else and this, in turn results in a muddy mix.

But other than that - I dig the track overall. I don't "enjoy" it, per say, but I think it sounds decent. Definitely better than something I would make, in terms of melodies :D
You'll improve over time, and in your last few tracks you've shown to do so. (Dunno why I picked this track of yours in particular to review, but hey - I wrote this review already, so...yeah).
This track gets a 3/5 rating from me. I may review some of your other tracks too, so stay tuned :)

P.S: Are you planning on upgrading your DAW soon? GarageBand is okay, I guess, but it's way too simple and IMO, it lacks advanced features. There are other DAWs out there that you can try, with which, with the right knowledge, you can yield way better results. I'm talking EQing, mixing, mastering, etc.

I'm patiently awaiting your response :)

KR1D responds:

Thank you for the feedback! I totally get what you're saying about the drop. Plus, I feel like I use that particular synth (FM Wobble Bass) way too much. Will definitely work on that. Concerning DAWs, I'm sticking with GarageBand for the time being because it "works" for me and plus I haven't even used the most advanced features offered in GarageBand yet. There are some times tho when I have access to Logic X Pro, but that's a small time window. I'd like to try FL, but it hasn't been developed for Mac yet. But perhaps I will upgrade to Logic sometime. I don't even really know.
Thanks!

-KR1D

Teminite &amp;amp; Starr Chen - Fireflies (Zyzyx Remix) Teminite & Starr Chen - Fireflies (Zyzyx Remix)

Whoa! Now THAT was a banger :D
You did an amazing job remixing this. I enjoyed the entire thing. The synths were happy and powerful and you kept the Teminite vibes throughout the song. You did great!

The only thing that I, and many others probably don't like, is that the sidechain in the buildup is WAY too strong. Other than that, no complaints here.

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

Thanks bro :)

Detious - Hypersphere Detious - Hypersphere

Heard the whole EP Back in February on Soundcloud, and this song in particular is my favourite out of all of the tracks. Certain drop sounds reminded me of an old collab that you did with Lockyn - Allure.
I really enjoyed the atmosphere, and on top of that, the story you wrote just adds to the immersion.
And that bass...can't get enough of it :D
Great job, Detious! Looking forward to hearing some cool new stuff from you in the future :)

DetiousMusic responds:

Really glad you got the feel of it. :)
Atmosphere, melody, story, immersion, bass, all the words that truly describe what I think makes good music, but really it's those words that describe my music. :P

Thanks a lot homie!